Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Growing Up

Hi Friends,

Its really not that tough to grow up. If the parents are hardworking and caring, it is not at all hard to grow up. But the question is whether you have grown up right. But who decides whether a person is right or wrong. I personally think that 'Right and Wrong' are relative to the values and principles that a person has built in his/her self.

I'm no person to tell if a person is doing things right or wrong, good or bad and if his values are correct as I've never been in the situation that the other person has which would have made his value system. But a person is certainly influenced by his/her parents. The only reason that I believe that we have evolved from the monkeys is that we generally repeat what we have seen or heard from other people. And that is exactly what may happen with children repeating what their parents generally do. But there are sure deviations from this pattern. A drunkard may not necessarily have a kid who is also a drunkard and the most decent person can have the most notorious kid.

Now, you might be wondering, why are these deviations happening?
I would judge a person with the kind of friends that he keeps. I seriously would. Personally speaking, I would rather not have a friend, who is close to some person who is not of good character. I'm not saying that he is bad, but he is susceptible as he is in bad company.

But how can one ensure that he gets good company/friend?
Let me ask this question to some people around me. Here is what they say:

Aditi
"It is very easy to fall in bad company and extremely difficult to remain in good company. It totally depends on the person's understanding of people and the understanding of right and wrong.

To be in good company of good people, one should be able to rationally analyse the other person's actions, reactions to situations, behaviour and character. We have to be selective to a certain extent. It is very much true about 'THINK BEFORE YOU LEAP' - which we generally learn very late in life. :-)"


Sanjay
"When you are in need s/he is there.
When you are tired or sad s/he cracks pj's to bring a smile on your face.
When you are over happy or over confident, he pulls your leg to bring you down.
When you are scared or discouraged, he comforts you at first and make fun of you so that the situation changed to a funny one which lets you forget the fear that you have inside you.
He is so much faithful that you can tell your own secrets to him."


Jishnu
"Personally speaking I never classify any person as good or bad at first sight. I make friendship with everybody who are interested in making friendship. After mingling with that person I can just see the comfort level with the person.

I dont like to be exploited. If I feel that am exploited by the person then I tend to avoid that perticular person. But this has happened only once in my life. And I dont think that those who want me to take a drink or smoke is bad as I feel that I am in strong control of my life then they cant compel me to do what they like. The most important thing is our likings and dislikings should match to some extend . Thats all for me to make a good friend."


Mithun
"World is full of mysteries.
If one is aware of the facts that
1. Those who appear to be very strong in heart, are real weak and most susceptible
2. Those who spend their time protecting others are the ones that really need someone to protect them.
3. Those who helps others are not expecting any thing in return.

Then that person can ensure that he gets a good company/friend."

Rohith
"Here we need to understand what a good company means.

For different people, it means different. For some people it may be a person who helps you financially. And for some, it might be a strong shoulder on which we enjoy the support and protection. And for some few, it might be just a person who is a good companion who would accompany him/her everywhere.

One can say that s/he has a good friend if:
1. Your friend is willing to hear your thoughts
2. Understand your problems and adjust to that
3. Give good advices in your worst times 4. More importantly, s/he should be able to keep secrets."

Naveena
"Its instinct I believe which trigerrs off an instant liking and its cemented further by the comfort level you enjoy in the company with respect to Belief, Interests and Activities."

As you can see, we have vaired opinions and thoughts.
But none of them are wrong. Everyone is correct in their own respect because that is how they have found their everlasting friends.

As a conclusion, what can be said is that the company that a person keeps will be best suited for the best of his/her interests. And it is oneself who decides what his best INTERESTS are.............

No comments: